Holistic way of treating mental illness

Hello, again!!  It has been a long while since we've gathered together to talk.  I'm so sorry about that.  But things will change such as set up a schedule.  Every Sunday there will be a post talking about health, creativity, law of attraction, the beauty of my home town, etc.

Well, with that said, let's get into this week's post: a holistic way of treating mental illness.  If you have a mental illness where you have to take medication you might not be able to get off them.  It might not be safe enough.  But you can create a life style to add to the medicinal regimen to have a healthy way of being.  *This can be for everyone*.

I have tried pretty much tried every one on this list.  So here we go:

1.  Don't forget your fruit and veggies.  They are full of antioxidants (cancer fighting), fiber (you need a clean out), vitamin C.

2.  Get up in the morning and have a couple glasses of cold water with lemon juice.  This will wake you up and help you flush out any toxins.  Plus, don't forget to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  This will give you energy and keep you full.

3.  Keep moving.  Go for a walk.  Go for a hike.  Go to the gym.

4.  Do something creative.  Write anything where your imagination is used.  Using your imagination can be therapeutic.

5.  Get your emotions out.  Use a journal and get what your hate and what you love one as many pages as you want.  Doing this will help you listen and read what is you.  I say this way is better because, excuse my French, but therapists suck.

6.  One thing that I find really works is meditation.  I have an app on my phone called, Insight Timer, and I choose the background music and the sound that tells me the 10:00 minutes is up.  Plus, you can choose the amount of time you want to spend with your inner self.  I also have an oil diffuser where you can have what ever scent you want.  Last night I chose orange blossom.  It smelt radiant.

I hope these suggestions were helpful.  I find that spending time with oneself has a positive impact on how your health turns out in the long run.

Well, tata!  See you next Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Just Be.....

Morning Routine for Someone with Bipolar Disorder

Dear Diary: Fear of Loss