An Agoraphobic Living Through The Holidays

    


As I wrote in my last post, agoraphobia is an extreme form of anxiety that keeps individual “locked up” in their homes making excuses not to join in on out door life, unable to go to the grocery store because of large crowds, the feeling of extreme nervousness like the feeling of having a heart attack and having an “asthma attack”.  That is what it feels like on an everyday basis.  

    I could give in and climb back into bed and wait for the phone to ring or the doorbell to ring.  

1.  Or I can make a plan.  The Monday before Thanksgiving I got up early and went on a shopping excursion because I knew the day after Thanksgiving wasn’t the time.  I knew the early bird was on my side - A lot less people.  I made a map and what items to buy at what store.  I mean, this year I got Christmas done early.  

2.  The next thing on my list was to choose what items to buy online.  You know that you definitely won’t see the other customers.  

3.  Get someone else to do your grocery shopping.  

4.  To help with the anxiety drink some herbal tea and/or take some CBD or hemp oil.  Put on an oil diffuser and take a hot lavender bath listening to some calming music.  

    Having agoraphobia is nothing to laugh about.  This is a debilitating disorder unable to do anything.   I am unable to go out unless it’s  at a certain time.  I have to turn down social engagements.  There are times where I am fearful to be near a phone just in case it rings afraid that people would jump right out of the phone pointing at me and criticizing me.  That’s what I am afraid of when I’m near the computer.  I know this might sound ridiculous but it’s real.  I have to talk myself into going into a certain place.  But afterwards I am exhausted.  

    So,  this holiday season take care of yourself.  

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Deleted Social Media For Two Months and This Is What Happened

Morning Routine for Someone with Bipolar Disorder

To Just Be.....