I Deleted Social Media For Two Months and This Is What Happened

     So, as you could see by the title of this post is I deleted all of my social media.  The reason for this was the negativity and thinking no one wanted me.  But it was basically a drug taking took hold of my emotions and thought process.  The really tough part of stepping away were the “withdrawals”.  How many people are following me now?  Did anyone unfriend me?  Who are my friends?  Who can I count on during turbulent times?  Nobody wants me…. Pretty depressing, huh?  Allowing myself to think like that was sick.  

    But what I did was give myself the attention I truly needed.  I did this in the form of meditation…twice a day.  It helped me to come into contact with what was bothering me and why.  It taught me to focus on my inner self, my breath.  I did this for 41 days and going.  I have made it a practice to give me this moment to breathe.  

    Right now I’ve brought social media back into me life by talking to the friends I had “lost”.  But, I’m  still practicing the replacing screen time for meditation time.  SO WHO’S WITH ME?  IF YOU CAN DO THIS YOU WOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT.  YOUR MENTAL HEALTH WILL BE THANKING YOU IN THE LONG RUN!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Routine for Someone with Bipolar Disorder

To Just Be.....