How to Get Through the Night When You Can't Sleep




For the past 7 years I have gone countless nights without having a decent night's sleep.  It started with me waking up in the middle of the night (normally at the same time each night) or not being able to fall asleep.  Then at the end it was both not being able to fall asleep AND waking up in the middle of the night.  I would develop really bad headaches and stiff/painful muscles.  It seemed like it took me the longest time to find a solution to alleviate this never ending battle with insomnia.  I am still fighting it to this day.  But I did find a routine that I am able to do to make me feel more relaxed when I go to bed. 
1.  Take a hot shower or hot bath and submerge yourself in the water.  Try putting scented oils in the bath water. 
2. Lather a nice smelling lotion, such as lavender, all over your body. 
3.  Drink hot chamomile tea.
4.  About 2-3 hours before you go to bed turn off all electronics. 
5.  Turn on some soothing music. 
6.  Take Bengay and massage/apply pressure to the places where you get tension. 
7.  Read a boring book or a book that's not going to get you all worked up. 
8.  Do a mindless craft that's going to let your mind purge all thoughts of the day.  Mine is knitting. 

I hope this list helps some of you insomnia sufferers out there.  I am going to follow this list tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Routine for Someone with Bipolar Disorder

To Just Be.....

I Deleted Social Media For Two Months and This Is What Happened